Social prescribing is designed to support people with a wide range of social, emotional or practical needs, and many schemes are focused on improving mental health and physical well-being.
Those who could benefit from social prescribing schemes include people with mild or long-term mental health problems, vulnerable groups, people who are socially isolated, and those who frequently attend either primary or secondary health care.
One Health Lewisham (OHP) is working with the Primary Care Networks to deliver a social prescribing service for people living in the borough of Lewisham or registered with a Lewisham GP.
A team of social prescribers works alongside Lewisham GPs to help residents find community opportunities and services to improve your wellbeing. Support is free and for up to 12 weeks.
Examples of support include:
- Making appointments for housing, benefits and financial advice
- Healthy lifestyle advice and physical activity
- Joining and attending social activities and clubs
- Getting online and accessing digital support
- Befriending, counselling, bereavement and peer support referrals
- Finding employment, training and volunteering opportunities
- Completing Blue Badge/Taxicard/Dial-a-Ride applications
- Emotional support
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.