Our Appointment System
Book face-to-face or telephone appointments with your GP, nurse or clinician at a time that suits you.
Your details and information are protected by the highest standards of online
security, so all you need to worry about is what to do with the spare time you’ve
Problems booking online appointments?
Our routine appointments are bookable 4-6 weeks in advance. You can book a routine appointment online using Patient Access, by telephone or in person at the surgery. Routine appointments with doctors are 10 minutes and nurses are 15 minutes.
Please ensure that you arrive in good time for your appointment. If you are late the clinician may not be able to see you.
We have a number of urgent appointment slots available each morning. Urgent appointments should only be requested for problems that you feel need to be seen that morning and cannot, for medical reasons, wait until the next routine appointment.
Please call the surgery as early as possible to make an urgent appointment. The receptionist will ask you the nature of your problem and make an appointment for you to see a GP. Specific times are not given for urgent appointments and you will be seen by whichever GP is available at the time.
Please use the urgent appointment system fairly with regards to the needs of others. Problems which DO NOT count as an urgent appointment include:
- Running out of prescriptions
- Requesting a sickness certificate
- Minor illnesses that can clearly wait for a routine appointment
- Problems which are chronic (present for a few weeks) and are not worsening, e.g. headaches, back pain etc.
- If the GP or nurse who sees you feels that you have requested an urgent appointment inappropriately, you will be asked to make a routine appointment at a later date.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order to enable us to offer the slot to another patient. Appointments can also be cancelled on-line or by text message.